Drinking Water Quality Test
Clean water from the tap is a modern convenience that is easily taken for granted, but contaminated water in places like Flint, Michigan and eastern New York have recently brought increased attention to drinking water quality.
How to Know If You Should Get A Water Test
What does our water quality test look for?
- Total Coliform – The standard bacteriological method for assessing the safety of water
- E. coli – Caused by human and animal fecal contamination. The absence of E. coli within a water system is used as the
basis for considering water safe to drink.
- Lead – Can cause issues of physical or mental development in children and high blood pressure or kidney problems in adults.
- Nitrate/Nitrite – Sources in drinking water include fertilizer run-off, leaching from septic tanks, and erosion of natural deposits.
- Turbidity – is a measure of water clarity used to indicate water quality and filtration effectiveness